Position Title: Trainer
Opening Date: September 7, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationships: Training Coordinator (Chain of Command)
Location: Billings or Hays, MT (On-Site)
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
The Trainer will assist in educating our contact center, and administrative staff by conducting trainings, seminars, and interactive courses. The Trainer will facilitate on-the-job coaching, developing educational material and organizing training sessions for new hires. The Trainer possess the knowledge of soft-skills training like problem-solving, time-management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. Ultimately, you will make sure our staff develops their skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next stop of their career path.
- Training assistance on the floor as needed.
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information.
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques.
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development.
- Supports and monitors the training, skill development, etc.
- Cultivate community environment.
- Assist in performance development in LMS.
- Interacts appropriately, sensitively effectively and professionally.
- Record keeping of all trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS):
- A. Degree in education/ related field or equivalent (two years) experience in Training or Education.
- Previous Call Center experience required.
- A valid Driver’s License is required
- S. Passport or Montana Real ID (For travel purposes only)
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. However, the positions require the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Aflac Large Group Benefits available.
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.indeed.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023