Opening Date: August 19, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Billings, MT Area (On-Site)
Reporting Relationships: Information Technology Director (Chain of Command)
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
If you enjoy in-depth troubleshooting and take pride in providing excellent customer support, this may be just the job you’re looking for! Island Mountain Development Group has an immediate opening on for a Tier II Technician in our Billings, MT location.
As a member of this team, you will provide a variety of technical support relating to the operations, administration and remediation of network hardware, operations systems, applications, and network services.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver product support to customers, consultants, and partners on the usage of Microsoft products. This included but not limited to Windows 7, 10, and 11. Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Troubleshooting via root cause analysis and providing workarounds and fixes
- Assist other members of the support team with technical issues and act as escalation point for issues that fall outside of scope for Tier I Technicians
- Maintain detailed call records for all staff interactions
- Create knowledge-based articles regularly to expand self-help tools for internal staff
- Participate in new software version user acceptance testing
- Identify support case trends and solutions for proactive case deflection
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with infrastructure related to running call center software and products, including application servers, middleware, networking components, database server and other hardware
- Assist with troubleshooting issues, integrations, and peripheral products/modules including custom code and reporting tools
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years of network troubleshooting experience or equivalent courses/certifications
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server OS and its functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Capable of learning and adapting quickly from on-the-job training
- Driven to develop new skills and learn about latest technologies
- Able to identify gaps in knowledge and ask relevant questions to improve
- Resourceful, self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as within a team and take it upon themselves to continue learning and growing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Understanding of: Active Directory, Wired/Wireless Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, VLANs, Server Administration, PC Hardware, Audio/Video Peripherals, Azure, Office 365, Exchange, Enterprise Telephony & VoIP, SQL, Scripting/Programming (PowerShell and C# are a plus)
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, is required.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Tier II Technician, is required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 35 pounds at times.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Aflac Large Group Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.indeed.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023