Opening Date: November 15, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Hays, Ft. Belknap, and Billings, MT (On-Site)
Reporting Relationships: Director, Information Technology
Employment Status: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
We are looking for a Tier I Technician to add to our team here at Island Mountain Development Group (IMDG). The Tier 1 Technician position’s primarily responsibility is to provide first level support to IMDG employees. Additionally, this position will perform routine network systems maintenance. Work items range from desktop support to routine network administration.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Tier II Technician to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require Tier II level support
- Enter all work as service tickets
- Other duties as assigned
- Accept cases from the support queue
- Remotely assist employees with support needs
- Clearly communicate status on problems as well as resolution
- Clearly document all tasks
COMPUTER REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE:
- Virus/Malware issues
- Network scanning/printers
- Desktop application and operating system management
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Network connectivity
- End user email management
- Email bounce back troubleshooting
- SPAM services
- User management
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Network file permissions
- Create distribution lists
- Security Group concepts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one-year relevant experience working as an outside support resource or two years relevant experience working as an internal support resource
- Two-year degree, or active pursuit of a two-year degree, preferred
- MCP certification in desktop Operating System software required within the first three months of employment.
- CompTIA A+ certification required within first three months of employment.
- Cisco CCNA certifications are a plus
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Basic understanding of networking principles:
- Client Server networking
- the Internet
- Basic knowledge of CAT5 wiring
- Basic knowledge of wireless security and wireless client configuration
- Entry level knowledge of Active Directory
- Ability to perform basic user account administration
- Basic understanding of network firewalling/security technology
- General knowledge of server maintenance tasks:
- Backup software monitoring and troubleshooting
- Disk defragmentation
- Event log review
- Hardware monitoring tool review
- Corporate antivirus software experience. Symantec Endpoint Protection preferred
- Spyware removal experience
- Troubleshooting fundamentals
- Ability to break problems down and use a logical process of elimination
- Firm understanding of desktop hardware
- Ability to diagnose hardware problems.
- Familiarity with desktop hardware diagnostic tools
- Firm understanding of mobile device configurations and support
- Ability to follow complex detailed instructions to accomplish more complex tasks.
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other’s expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness – Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Teamwork – Contributes to a positive team effort, balances team and individual responsibilities, listens attentively and openly to others’ views, gives and sincerely accepts feedback, helps the team stay focused on key objectives, resolves team conflict before it escalates, and places the team’s success above own interests.
- Travel may be required for Professional Development, conferences, trainings, and meetings as a representative of IMDG.
- A valid Driver’s License required.
- A U.S. Passport may be required for travel.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 45 pounds at times.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Aflac Large Group Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by Native American Preference and Veteran Preference, IMDG prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.indeed.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023