Position Title: Teaching Assistant
Opening Date: July 7, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationships: Language Teacher (Chain of Command)
Location: Hays, MT (On-Site)
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
The Teaching Assistant will assist the Language Teachers, reinforcing materials and lessons covered in the classroom The Teaching Assistant will perform comprehensive duties that have been designed as the professional areas of teaching in our school.
- Provides support to the lead teacher in classroom instruction and management.
- Assists with classroom activities and lessons.
- Works with individual students who require additional or modified instruction.
- Clerical work related to classroom operations.
- Prepares communication folders to be sent home with students.
- Monitor’s students when the lead teacher is out of the classroom.
- Escorts students to other areas of the school such as the cafeteria, playground, or other classrooms; monitors their behavior during recess and lunchtime.
- Assists with student drop-off and pickup.
- Occasionally works as a substitute teacher.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of classroom procedures and management.
- Ability to relate to children and reinforce lessons taught in class.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with lead teacher.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Aaniiih and Nakoda Language skills or willingness to learn.
- Willingness to participate in cultural activities.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS):
- High School Diploma/HiSet/GED required; A.A. degree or two years of college highly preferred.
- Must complete teacher assistant training through the school.
- Literate in the either of the Aaniiih or Nakoda language is desired.
- Successfully demonstrate the proper use of Aaniiih, Nakoda and English Language.
- Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Successfully pass the required background check.
- A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required.
- U.S. Passport or Montana Real ID (For travel purposes only)
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
However, the positions require the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 60 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Aflac Large Group Benefits available.
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at https://www.indeed.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023