Position Title: Residential Construction Estimator
Opening Date: May 21, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Billings, MT Area (On-Site)
Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Reporting Relationships: Residential/Commercial Design Builder Project Manager
(Chain of Command)
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
As a Residential Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for calculating the total costs of construction and generating purchase orders that can be passed on to the production team. Your primary duties will include material takeoffs, soliciting bids, pricing custom and nonstandard items, and building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, and subcontractors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You will complete estimates within allotted timeframes, and material estimates, and sub pricing, while ensuring accuracy. You will successfully network and build strong relationships with subcontractors and potential clients. You will effectively negotiate pricing and be able to read and interpret building plans and conduct material takeoffs from plans accurately.
- Material Takeoffs: Estimating quantity and cost of materials. Ensuring accuracy of material takeoffs for each project by utilizing existing information or doing specific takeoffs for nonstandard items or houses.
- Soliciting Bids: Building and maintaining relationships with subcontractors. Contacting subcontractors for pricing, reviewing bids for accuracy, and ensuring entire scope of work for the project is in the bid.
- Custom Option Pricing: Reviewing custom option requests for feasibility, constructability, code compliance, and compatibility with other options. Providing the sales team (New Home Advisors) with pricing on custom option requests.
- Job Cost Detail Review: Reviewing and revising job cost detail for individual projects to confirm accuracy of all purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans.
- Ability to conduct material takeoffs from plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences to multiple parties across multiple projects.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and decisively.
- Ability to work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, or its equivalent, required.
- Minimum 4 years related construction experience, required.
- Familiarity with local building codes and common construction practices, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook, required. Assessment score of 90% or better, required.
This Job is generally in the office and on construction sites. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Required to lift 40lbs.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work. With phone calls and communication after regular hours.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
- Current and valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record is required.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- AFLAC Large Group Products available
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG/CDH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG/CDH prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group/Classic Design Homes is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.islandmtn.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023