In 2018, I was humbled and excited to pave a clear path for IMDG to tangibly realize our vision for real estate diversification and expand on our vision by leaps and bounds. For the past 20 years I have experienced success as a Real Estate Broker, in banking, state & federal governments and as an independent contractor representing investors, corporate clients and many individuals in Alaska, California, Florida and Montana. Seeing the vision set forth by our executive team, I felt it was time to focus on how to contribute this experience to our efforts at home. As an enrolled tribal member, the chance to put my experience to work as part of such an amazing team and long-term vision was all it took to make the commitment to focus completely on this new and amazing journey.
Secure access to capital by developing a strategy to grow our capacity with a profitable portfolio of strong projects in order to generate income producing ventures, improve our leverage with lenders and ultimately benefit the Fort Belknap Indian Community with revenue, career opportunities, education and home ownership as a means of honoring our mission of creating a self-sustaining economy.
We’ve begun an aggressive growth strategy into large scale projects as primary developers at every level in order to compete and maximize our profitability.
- Acquire Commercial Assets and grow in one of the most balanced and diversified economies in the country.
- Demonstrate healthy profit margins on initial project plans to significantly build our capacity to build on a large scale both in residential and commercial projects.
- Simultaneously grow our assets & profits to build an attractive portfolio and strengthen our appeal with lenders
- Pursue lucrative government contracts
- Invest in subsidiaries or create the entities that would retain as much of the profitability as possible while complimenting our development capabilities and job growth within these companies.
- Lay the groundwork to meet the crucial need for residential development and creating a housing market within the Fort Belknap Indian Community.
- Build a staff of skilled and motivated professionals to further execute the vision for IMDG Realty
The ultimate goal of IMDG is to create a self-sustaining economy. Homeownership is essential to a strong tribal economy and we are focusing our efforts in revenue creation to continue real estate expansion and ultimately create new residential development and a housing market within the Ft. Belknap Indian Community. Successful homeownership has a lasting impact on the security and future of our families. It also creates jobs for our tribal members because of the demand for specialized skills and stimulates a cyclical and connected system of financial and social dividends we are working hard to achieve. This is critical component to honoring our vision.
This year, IMDG focused heavily on putting solid strategies into place to set up 2019 for exponential growth. Already in 2019 as we write this report and look at recent achievements, we are thrilled at the growth to be reported next year in the 2019 annual report. We are seeing results! Everyone contributes to these efforts and I’m privileged humbled to be part of it. There is a tremendous amount of work ahead and with the leadership of our executive team, board of directors and support of our community I’m confident we’ll get it done.
Since putting these strategies into place IMDG and the Ft. Belknap Indian Community are reaping the rewards with solid progress. We are literally seeing a dream come true in the following:
- Highly Valued Class ‘A’ Commercial Properties
- Commercial Building in Billings
- Harlem Building
- Ft. Belknap Agency Call Center in the Works
- Growth in the Natural Energy Sector
- Access to Capital with favorable terms
- On-going Commercial Projects in Pre-Development
- A Construction Company
- Majority Ownership in a high-volume real estate brokerage
- Ongoing Large Scale Residential Developments
- Rodeo Drive Developments
- Improved Capacity to access Government Contracting
Successful homeownership has a lasting impact on the security and future of our families.
Bringing the Vision HOME:
Demand and Capacity for new residential development is high and IMDG Realty has the experience and demonstrated success to create a housing market and provide new housing for our qualified tribal members.
Realistic, affordable options allow more families to live and work within the Fort Belknap Indian Community and keep their hard-earned dollars at home.
This will alleviate much of the burden that our communities now face with low income housing demands by vacating many of these low-income properties to buy & build new homes and open up tribal housing homes for more families.
These developments will provide stable higher paying jobs and careers to a large number of our Tribal members and create enough demand for specialized skills, small businesses that support construction and more disposable income to support additional business growth.
By building 20 homes each year we would establish comparable values and by streamlining our leasing process we can provide marketability for these homeowners.
The economic benefits of this strategy can be felt immediately and would grow year over year. In order to meet the current demand, it would take 20-30 years to build out 200-300 new homes and multi-unit rentals throughout Ft. Belknap.
Homeowners have financial incentive to properly maintain their new homes to build equity (value not owed) and access that equity through financing options.
Once values are clearly established and leasing becomes simple and complimentary to a growing housing market, tribal members will be able to sell their homes on the open market.
Homeownership is essential to a strong economy
- Allows more families to live and work within the Ft. Belknap Indian Community
- Keeps more of our hard earned tribal dollars at home
- Alleviates burden on tribal housing by opening more homes
Creating a Housing Market stimulates jobs and community
- Creates jobs for tribal members
- Higher paying careers-demand for specialized skills
- Requires small businesses that support construction
Homeownership Creates Wealth through Equity
- Homeowners have financial incentive to properly maintain and improve their equity
- Homeowners can access their equity for financial needs such as education and business building
Commercial Office Space:
In 2018 Q2, IMDG began the process of purchasing the 2nd floor of 2702 Montana Avenue for the purpose of commercial leasing. The building is located in the CBD (Central Business District) and was built during the early twentieth century when significant amounts of the downtown commercial space were being developed along the railroad tracks paralleling Montana Avenue. The space being purchased by IMDG is the second floor, which totals 7500 square feet of commercial lease space.The space is currently structured to include five leased spaces, which are currently under contract through 2019. IMDG is preparing to take over the property management and financial management functions for the Oliver Building tenants.