Position Title: Language Teacher
Opening Date: July 7, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationships: Assistant Director (Chain of Command)
Location: Hays, MT (On-Site)
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
The Language Teacher will develop a child culturally through language sharing values of the Aaniiih and Nakoda People and the personal foundations of learning. The Teacher will perform comprehensive duties that have been designed as the professional areas of teaching in our school.
- Organize and teach lessons in Aaniiih and Nakoda Language, as well as develop Culture across the curriculum.
- Develop instructional materials used in the classroom for language and culture.
- Evaluate student process and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Participate in appropriate trainings and parent involvement activities set up by the school, including but not limited to language acquisition workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS):
- A. Degree or 60 semester hours, working towards bachelor’s degree.
- Class-7 Language endorsement through Montana OPI, or ability to acquire.
- Successfully pass a required background check.
- Literate in the either of the Aaniiih or Nakoda language is required.
- Successfully demonstrate the proper use of Aaniiih, Nakoda and English Language.
- Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required.
- U.S. Passport or Montana Real ID (For travel purposes only)
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time, salary, exempt position.
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
However, the positions require the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 60 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Aflac Large Group Benefits available.
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at https://www.indeed.com
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023