Position Title: Carpenter / Framer, Level 1
Opening Date: April 22, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationship: Site Supervisor (Chain of Command)
Location: Billings, Montana – On-site
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter/Framer, Level 1 to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. The Carpenter/Framer, L1 responsibilities include using plumb bobs and levels to ensure that structures are exactly vertical or horizontal, constructing window and door frames as well as staircases and flooring, and installing temporary supports for structures as required. You should also be able to hang drywall over the completed framework.
To be successful as a Carpenter/Framer, L1, you should be able to interpret blueprints and have sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional Carpenter/Framer should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyzing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analyzing construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examining building materials to identify any defects.
- Performing cleanups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Constructing wooden concrete forms to aid the construction team in erecting various concrete structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Completion of a carpentry apprenticeship or at least (1) year of experience via on-the-job training required.
- Associate’s Degree in Construction is desired
- Sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to understand math functions and calculations involving fractions.
- Works well as part of a team.
- A valid Driver’s License required.
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Clothing Loans
- Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
- Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.islandmtn.com.
or to request application material and submit an application, please contact:
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to: 406-673-3023